Daddy Pat's Music


Monday, July 28, 2008

An Easy Weekend

Yup, another trip to Mount Vernon. Though this was a relaxing weekend. We had some weather come in and dropped a bit of much needed rain, so we pretty much sat around and read our novels. With regards to novels. I will pick up the latest novel by Riddley Pearson (Killer View) from the Kitsap County Little Boston Library this week and I will have finished reading the new books from my favorite authors. I am reading a novel by Brad Thor called Blowback. Want to see the coolest author's web site? Go to bradthor.com. This is the fourth book by him that I have read. I will finish his remaining three books soon.

We did get out once and bought a much needed new set of cooking wear. The old ones were coming apart, literally. These babies should last a life time. Stainless steel and pricey. I hope the cook appreciates them. LOL We decided to have lunch at Applebee's after spending so much money. We had a gift card, so we thought it wouldn't be to bad. I guess we had used it once before as it had a grand total of $2.39 remaining on the card.

I guess the other things we did was look for a wheelbarrow spindle. That is the part the wheel rides on. The one on our wheelbarrow is shot. It does not appear that replacements exist, so it looks like at some point, we will need to by a new one. Why only pay for a small part when you can buy the whole wheelbarrow? You can find replacement wheels, but not the spindle.

Oh, our Hanesville house was shown on Saturday by a realtor who has shown it once before. No offer yet, but at least someone is looking at it.

3 comments:

Us and Them said...

Hey, isn't this the 2nd weekend in a row to have the house show. Looks like progress. Our wheel barrow wheel is flat...so looks like we'll be shopping in the same department soon.

DeAnne said...

cool! I hope they want to buy your house!

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Sorry to hear about the wheel barrel- you should probably get a new before our next visit- I love to wheel barrel race! Brandi told me your not very good at sharing- I don't believe that for one second ;)You need be the wonderful husband that I know you are and show her how to post a comment so I can keep track of who looking at our blog. Love you!