Daddy Pat's Music


Thursday, July 17, 2008

A weekend away-again

Today is Thursday and we are heading up to Mount Vernon again. No surprise there. This weekend will be unlike the others though in that we will not be doing much yard work. It is likely I will have to mow and edge the lawn, but no real back breaking things to do.

But before we go up, we will be having lunch with friends Jim and Gail. They are the parents of the bride Kelly whose wedding we attended on Saturday evening. Well done by the Marriott on the Waterfront. I was not keen on the pastor. Seemed overly anxious and tended to sway during his part. Oh, we are having dinner at a little restaurant in Kingston called the Main Street Ale House. Yup, they do serve adult beverages.

I know too that we have to go to Flower World in Maltby to look for roses, but I don't remember if we are doing that after dinner or coming back down from Mount Vernon. Brandi has made it part of her gardens in the past to make a memorial rose garden for those in the family that have crossed over and that includes pets as well. We have some roses that are missing for those already gone. Either before or after, we will be getting some roses.

So, getting back to Mount Vernon. We will go to the library to return her book that she finished last night and I have to pick up a book by Jonathan Kellerman titled Compulsion. I am slowly working through my authors new books. It is a bit difficult staying up with James Patterson though. I think Saturday morning, Brandi and I are going to take our bikes down to the valley floor and do a bike ride on a very flat piece of road. It runs along the highway and is flat and straight for a couple of miles. Should be a good training ride for some old legs.

One final thought with regards to the results of baby Natty's CPT conference. Actually, I can't write my thoughts as they are hardly Christ like and could be taken as terroristic threats directed at one small, stupid, and self serving bureaucrat in Mr Larson. To make a unilateral decision that goes directly against and entire team speak volumes as to why this state has so many huge mistakes and legal issues with regards to child protection. He should have his social work license removed for endangering his clients, that would be Natty. My only hope is that the team will step up and write the letters that need to be written for a favorable appeal.

I want this little girl in my family. I have to come to love this little muchkin and she will be a wonderful granddaughter to have. And she could not have more loving parents in Jenny and Michael.

No comments: