Daddy Pat's Music


Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pop, Bang, Boom

Well, our trip to the Mount Vernon home did not turn out as expected. Of course it was the 4th of July and all the pops, bangs, and booms were going off as I am sure they were in your respective neighborhoods. Our problem was with Eli. It seems, for some unknown reason, he was more agitated with the noise and colors than in years past. I could tell by his panting that he was getting worked up. I had enough of his barking and charging the bang, so I decided to take him for a ride.

I loaded him up and took him off the hill. Our first stop was at Safeway where I filled up the gas tank to a fine tune of $57.23. We then went over to the shopping mall by Home Depot, which is pretty far from any residential areas. I could still see the flairs and here some pops, but I had the music on and Eli laid down and slept some. Well, about 10:15 P.M., I was feeling pretty tired and decided to head up to the hill hoping most of the banging would be done. Not.

We got in the house and "BANG!". Eli went nuts. Now Brandi is asleep, so I wanted him to be good. I laid on the floor with him and we played roll ball/ fetch. This seemed to take his mind of the popping. It got quiet for a bit and I laid back and actually fell asleep, that is until the next boom sent Eli nuts again. So, we played some more. I was able to lie on my side with head on my arm for awhile. At some time around 11P.M. I had had it and when up to bed.

Upon rising from the floor, I could tell that I had some vertigo. Now, I have had this in the past and it usually hits me one of two ways. One way is when I lie back the room will spin, and this last for a brief time. The other type is when my head feels like a 600 pound ball and whichever direction my head goes, there I go. It is this type that came upon me with a vengeance.

Through the night with my necessary trips the bathroom, I swayed like a drunken sailor aboard ship on rough seas. In the morning, I found my way into my reading room and tried to read, but is was not easy. Oh, I should mention that I awoke with this walnut size feeling of nauseousness, but didn't think much of it. Brandi came up and asked me if I would like something to eat and I did, but not anything big. I asked for an English muffin and a Chai. Well, as it turned out, we did not have any muffins at the house, so she went down to Hagen's and picked up muffins and a Chai from Starbucks. She also talked with a pharmacist who directed her to pick up some motion sickness pills.

She returned, gave me two of the pills and a little water. Down the hatch and not 10 seconds latter, that little walnut size nauseousness came a calling. Needless to say, I will not go into detail. Fortunately, it was quick, violent, and final. No other issues with that.

I ate my muffins and drank my Chai and that was good. The real bite of all this is I was unable to do anything this weekend. That means my plans of getting the mulch down did not happend.

The only good thing that happened was Brandi picked up a new Robert Crais novel that I had on hold at the Mount Vernon Library. Since I could do nothing but sit, I finished it in one day. A good read and was fun to get back to the characters of Elvis Cole and his very lethal side kick Joe Pike.

We are now home and I am still locked into my vertigo. Yea. Oh, and we still own two houses. Not so good.

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

I suppose it's not very nice of me to laugh at your expense, but I did have a few good chuckles reading that. I had a problem with vertigo a long time ago too. I haven't had anything that bad since, but every now and then I will get a little of the room spinning etc. I think you can take medication for that. Sorry you barfed. That stinks...literally! Hahahaha. We still haven't heard anything from Kennewick..grrr!