Daddy Pat's Music


Sunday, July 20, 2008

What, Mount Vernon Again

We are back from our weekly trip to Mount Vernon (MV). We watered the flower beds and lawns as they were pretty thirsty. It looks like the lawn will go dormant as we are unable to water through the week. I did mow and edge, but that was all the lawn work that was done.

Friday, we got up, had breakfast, and drove down to see if we could find the roses we needed for the memorial rose garden and we did. Brandi planted and mulched them leaving room for Aunt Stell, who is just waiting to cross over. At least we did not get the call this weekend. She is feisty and that is the name of the rose we have selected for her. I guess we stopped at the library first and I was able to pick up two new books from my authors including, Moscow Rules by Daniel Silva and Compulsion by Jonathan Kellerman. Finished Moscow Rules in two days. Hey, I am retired. Brandi finished the book Sail by James Patterson. I had finished it a couple of days earlier.

Saturday, we got up, had breakfast, and went down to see the movie Black Night. I know there is a lot of positive talk about this movie, but I frankly saw little redeeming value in it. Gratuitous violence would not describe the stuff that takes place. There is one scene where they show that mankind can fine humanity in tough situations, which was a good thing. I think the hype is for Heath Ledger.

After the movie we did some grocery shopping, which needed to be done for both houses and pretty much read our novels. Needless to say, we did not do our planned bike ride. Maybe next week.

On Sunday, we attended a community church that Brandi wanted to check out. Nice building. Not to ostentatious. The Pastor did a nice job with the sermon in both content and presentation style. The worship team was not as good as the team at Bayside Community Church in Kingston, but it is a smaller unit. I guess I got my hackles up a bit when the worship team leader was talking about having lunch with a Mormon friend (who sounded like he was having a crisis in faith). The worship team leader talked about giving a free will offering after suggesting the LDS Church forced tithing on it's membership. I suspect he and I will have a talk some time soon if we stay at this church. I hate it when other faiths talk about us when they know nothing.

On our way out of MV, we stopped at the library where Brandi picked up a couple of novels for her read. We then headed down to our friends Michael and Susan's house in Everett where a barbecue was planned. We got there and met their friends. Michael works as an engineer with a Boeing contract company. Michael has several friends from different parts of the world. His workers at the barbecue came from England and Brazil. I am moving to Brazil. I can't think of a time when I have been that close to women who are out of this world beautiful. Incredible brown eyes and the rest was pretty incredible as well.

I got to play a couple of games of horseshoes. I am telling this because I won both of the games I played. Though Mike's pits are the pits (grass landing zone instead of sand), I was able to get some early scores and was able to hit the winners before my opponent.

I guess that is all for this weekend update. Oh, our Hansville house was shown on Friday. Yea!!!! No feed back as of yet.

No comments: